The Spires Health Centre
Patient Participation Group
Tuesday, 2nd September 2014
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Present: Michael Babb (patient), Madeline Babb (patient),
Peter Hughes (patient), Paula Dudley (Practice Manager), Dr. Ajay Ramachandran (GP)
Apologies: Elaine Costigan (patient)
- Welcome and Introductions
- Minutes from previous meeting.
- Mr Babb pointed out his name was recorded incorrectly
- All persons present gave consent for their names to identifiable in the Reception copy of the minutes
- I was agreed that a RSVP date should be put so the Practice are aware of the people free to attend the next meeting.
- PH stated that a visit from the Council Planning Department were due to visit Spires Health Centre tomorrow (03/09/14) with connection to extending the site lease by 3 years. AJ & PD have received no notification regarding this but will be present when they arrive.
- PD and AR noted that patients DNAing appointments were on the increase. All thought that notifying patients of the number of missed appointments is a good deterrent and that if it was present in another format other than a written poster i.e. charts etc., that would draw attention in the waiting room. The cost implication to the surgery was also suggested. PD would take this to the Receptionists in charge of the miscellaneous duties.
- PD asked PH about signage to Spires Health Centre as she had been chasing the Highways Dept and had requested signs to be placed at the end of Victoria Street as a lot of new patients had pointed out that they weren’t aware of any Health Centre down Victoria Street. PH was going to address this.
- AR brought up the NHS Choices website reviews and that we are currently a 5 star. Explained how the GP’s are monitoring the appointments and adding clinics as and when necessary.
- Mrs MB suggested that when attending a local social group she would enquire if any persons registered here would like to join the PPG to expand the numbers of the Patient Group. Mr MB was going to look into previous members that were registered at Mallings Health and informing PD of names to invite to Spires PPG.
- MB suggested Spires Health Centre have an open day, to invite people in and around. An afternoon tea/coffee and cake session tba. To improve notice boards informing other people that use our Surgery for phlebotomy, anti-coagulant service of what we do. PD to address this when staff have completed the majority of their annual leave commitments.
- Date & Time of next meeting
4th November 2014 @ 1:00pm 2:30pm
Please inform me of your attendance by 30/10/14